If you’re a fan of Disney movies, chances are you’re already familiar with Disney Plus. However, you may not be familiar with the error code 142 which can occasionally crop up when trying to use the service. Essentially, this error code indicates that there is a problem with your internet connection. While it can be frustrating to see this error code, there are a few simple steps you can take to try and fix it.
This guide will talk you through error code 142 on Disney Plus, what causes it, and how to fix it. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
How to Fix Error Code 142 on Disney Plus
There are a few different ways to fix error code 142, and one of them will usually solve the problem, depending on what is causing the error code in the first place.
Here’s how to fix Disney Plus error code 142:
- Advertisement -
- Check your internet connection
- Sign out of Disney Plus and restart the Disney app
- Check that the streaming service isn’t having downtime server-side
- Update the Disney Plus app to the latest version
- Try a different device or browser
Below, we will explain what each of these fixes means in detail, and how to overcome error code 142.
Check Your Internet Connection
The most common reason for Disney Plus error code 142 is an unstable internet connection. This is the first thing you should look at. Disney Plus recommends a download speed of 5mbps for standard definition content and a speed of 25mbps for 4k content. If your speed is below this, you will have trouble when trying to stream content.
Here’s how to check your internet connection for Disney Plus (and fix it):
- Begin by running a speed test on a website such as fast.com.
- If the internet connection is poor, you should restart the modem and router.
- To restart your modem, switch it off for 30 seconds and then back on.
- If the poor internet connection persists, or you have no connection at all, contact your internet service provider.
Restart The Disney Plus App
Sometimes, the Disney plus error code 142 issue can be fixed by a simple restart. It’s also recommended that you sign out of Disney Plus too during this process.
Here’s how to close and restart the Disney Plus app on Android:
- Click the three lines icon at the bottom of your home screen to bring up all of the open apps.
- Find the Disney Plus app in this list and swipe it up to close the application down.
- Go back to your menu and open the Disney Plus app again
Here’s how to close and restart the Disney Plus app on iPhone:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your home screen to display all of your open apps.
- Find Disney Plus in the list and swipe it up to shut the app down.
- Open the Disney Plus app again by heading to your menu and clicking on the icon.
Still experiencing error code 142? Try some of the other solutions below.
Check That Disney Plus Isn’t Having Server Issues
Error 142 is one you may also experience if the streaming service itself is having server issues or downtime. It’s rare, but it happens. You can check for Disney Plus downtime and service status on the official website.
Install The Latest Version of the Disney Plus App
Out or date software won’t just Disney Plus error code 142, it can also cause many other problems. The same applies to all apps on your phone, and it’s recommended that you keep software updated to avoid such issues.
Here’s how to update the Disney Plus app to the latest version:
- Visit the App Store if you’re using iPhone or the Play Store if you’re using Android.
- Click on software updates and look for Disney Plus in the list of available app updates.
- Click on Disney Plus and give the device permission to install the latest version.
- You may need to log back into your Disney Plus account when using the latest version for the first time.
Change Device or Browser
This is the last step in the troubleshooting for Disney Plus error code 142, and if you’ve gotten this far, it’s likely something bigger is going on. Having said that, switching devices or browsers can sometimes fix the Disney error code, so it’s worth a try. Follow the instructions below:
- Try launching Disney Plus on an alternative web browser – it’s important that this is a different browser from the one you are using.
- If there is no change, it could be a device issue. Try using Disney Plus on a different device, such as your iPad if you’re currently using your iPhone.
If the Disney Plus error code 142 persists after trying a different device or browser, and you have tried everything else above, you may need to contact Disney for further assistance.
Still Not Fixed Error Code 142?
There are a couple of other fixes that might help with Disney Plus error code 142, or at least help you to understand what’s causing the issue. Before you troubleshoot further or contact Disney, consider the following things:
- Ensure you aren’t using a proxy server or a VPN, as this can be when error code 142 appears
- Check other streaming services you subscribe to – are they working? Is it just Disney Plus?
- Check other TV shows and movies on Disney Plus – is error code 142 appearing on everything?
If you have tried everything in this guide and have still been unable to fix Disney Plus error 142, the final step in troubleshooting is to contact Disney Plus directly.